Online Degree Program
The OT@NYU curriculum provides advanced training in critical analysis, evidence-based practice, ethics, and theory and is highly customizable to your area of interest. Each course is developed and taught by NYU Steinhardt’s leading faculty, who represent a breadth of practice areas and are performing research across the spectrum of OT and across the life span.
To earn your degree, you must complete 36 credits of approved course work and develop a professional portfolio conveying your clinical development in your competence area. You will take 18 credits of electives and specialization courses.
Delivered 100 percent online, the OT@NYU program can be completed full time in four terms or part time in six to eight terms.
As an OT@NYU graduate, you will be prepared to:
- Make use of clinical and functional outcome measures
- Assess the adequacy of existing measurement tools
- Assess the effectiveness of selected intervention principles and approaches
- Collaborate with other professionals within practice settings to deliver high-quality client care
- Interpret research findings in the context of broader sociocultural issues related to interdisciplinary practice and functional outcomes